Have you been enjoying our October Slow Cooker Takeover? So far, we’ve shared recipes for caramel-dipped apples and butternut squash soup, given away two slow cooker gift baskets and our #HBSlowCookerClub contest has been popular on Facebook as people vote for their favorite recipes. Edit: contest is now over, but the crock-tackular recipes remain!
The Best of the Best Beef Pot Roast Recipe
Speaking of the best slow cooker recipes, did you know that our most viewed recipe of all time on HamiltonBeach.com is for our Slow Cooker Beef Pot Roast? It’s no surprise, as pot roast is an all-American classic, much like baseball and apple pie.
- 3 to 4-pound chuck pot roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4 medium potatoes, quartered
- 3 to 4 carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper.
- Place half of vegetables in bottom of slow cooker crock, top with roast, then add remaining vegetables and liquid.
- Cover and cook 5 hours on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW.
- Half of a 1 lb. bag of baby carrots can be used instead of 3-4 medium carrots. A long cooking time in moist heat will tenderize a tougher cut of meat. Therefore, using a lower-priced cut, such as chuck, is economical as well as delicious.
You might enjoy these other slow cooker recipes:
Slow Cooker Oktoberfest Pot Roast with Pumpkin Beer – To make this dish, simply pick a seasonal pumpkin beer (we used one from Hardywood Park Craft Brewery, a local favorite) and toss it in the crock with sweet potatoes, onions and a beef roast. The combination of pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin beer will add tons of fall flavor to your meal.
Meals like this sweet and sour chicken are great for evenings when your family is busy. Instead of trying to put something together after the kids’ many activities, just put everything in the slow cooker and rice cooker before you leave. You won’t resort to fast food on the way back because a delicious, well-balanced meal is waiting for you at home.
Slow Cooker Chicken Stock – Chicken stock is the key to many recipes, and you’re probably buying loads of the canned stuff from the grocery store. I was, too, until I started making it myself. It only took one batch of homemade stock to make me a convert.
Your family and friends will think you slaved over this flavorful Pork Roast with Apples and Rosemary for hours. We won’t tell them your little secret, but we know all you have to do is toss it in the slow cooker with some seasoning, fresh fruit and veggies. It’s really that easy! Add the ingredients to your crock in the morning and by dinnertime you’ll have a hot, nutritious meal for your family.
Looking for even more slow cooker recipes? Search the “slow cooker” tag.