Your family and friends will think you slaved over this flavorful pork roast for hours. We won’t tell them your little secret, but we know all you have to do is toss the pork loin in the slow cooker with some seasoning, fresh fruit and veggies. It’s really that easy! Add the ingredients to your crock in the morning and by dinnertime you’ll have a hot, nutritious meal for your family.
The fresh apples and carrots cook with the pork, making this dish colorful and healthy. If you position them around the pork in your slow cooker, they will be tender and ready to eat when the pork is done. Add a sprig of fresh rosemary to the crock for even more flavor.
Not only is this dish tasty, but it’s also an easy way to make sure your family eats their fruits and vegetables. And just as great, you can let your slow cooker do all the work to get this home-cooked meal on the table by dinnertime.
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 pounds boneless loin pork roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 medium onion, cut into eighths
- 4 large carrots, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- In medium bowl, toss apples with lemon juice; set aside.
- Season roast with salt and pepper.
- Place half of onions and 4 to 6 apple wedges in slow cooker crock.
- Top with seasoned roast. Surround roast with remaining apples, onions, and carrots. Top with rosemary.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours, MEDIUM for 5 1/2 to 6 hours or LOW 7 to 8 hours.
- For food safety, be sure to cook until meat thermometer registers at least 160°F (71°C).
If you’re like most people, an occasional last-minute party will pop up. Don’t worry, Hamilton Beach® Programmable Slow Cookers can easily adapt. You simply add ingredients in the morning and let the slow cooker finish the cooking automatically. Once the cooking time is up, they automatically switch to warm.
Looking for even more of our best slow cooker recipes? Search the “slow cooker” tag.
Other recipes you might like: