There are few things more refreshing on a hot summer day than a slice of fresh watermelon. The juicy, sweet fruit is super satisfying – and not to mention hydrating – on a 90 plus degree day. Transform it into a watermelon coconut sorbet (expertly crafted in a blender), and you’ve got the ultimate icy treat to cool you down.
While I love the simplicity of a slice of watermelon in the summer, I also love the idea of transforming one of summer’s best fruits into a tasty frozen treat. Watermelon and coconut sorbet with mint combines some of summer’s best flavors into one delicious dessert that will cool you and your family off in no time.
First freeze 2 pounds of watermelon, sliced into 2-inch cubes.
Blend coconut milk, sugar, lime juice, and mint leaves in a blender jar and blend the mixture on PUREE for 30 seconds. Add half of the frozen watermelon and PULSE until smooth. Using a tamper, add the remaining watermelon, pulsing until the mixture is well blended. If you don’t have a tamper with your blender, you may need to stop the blending and mix the sorbet with a spoon.
The coconut milk in the sorbet smooths the texture while the mint and tangy lime juice perfectly complement the sugary-sweet watermelon. Serve this bright pink sorbet in bowl with an extra sprig of mint on top and prepare to fall in love with fresh watermelon all over again.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 mint leaves
- 2 pounds, 2-inch cubes seedless watermelon, frozen
- Place coconut milk, sugar, lime juice and mint leaves in a blender jar. Blend 30 seconds on PUREE.
- Add half of the watermelon and PULSE until smooth. Using a tamper, gradually add remaining watermelon, PULSING until well blended.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in freezer.
More summer recipe ideas