Chicken parmesan is one of those classic Italian dishes that is always a safe bet, whether you’re cooking it at home (with homemade marinara, of course) or ordering it at one or your favorite Italian restaurants. Crispy cutlets covered in homemade marinara and melted cheese – come on, what’s not to like? While chicken parmesan is great for a Sunday dinner with the entire family, we wanted to take those flavors and transform them into easy party food.
The big game is just around the corner and if you’re hosting a watch party you need to make sure your slow cooker (more like slow cookers) are plugged in and ready to feed the fans. Let the slow cooker take care of the meal while you finish decking the house out in all-football-everything.
Combine spaghetti sauce, chicken breasts, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Make sure the chicken is coated when the sauce and cook on HIGH for 2 ½ to 3 hours or on low for 5 to 6 hours.
Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it and shred completely before returning it to the crock. Mix the shredded chicken with the spaghetti sauce and prepare to assemble your sliders.
Layer the shredded chicken, mozzarella, and parmesan on slider buns (ciabatta rolls would work well, too) and broil in your toaster oven (or regular oven) until the cheese is bubbly. Top with a little fresh parsley or basil if you have it and the top bun.
Set up a buffet for the football fanatics to make their own sandwiches or load the chicken parmesan sliders on a tray and strategically place them right front of the T.V. No matter how or where you serve them, we know these cheesy sliders will be gone before the first touchdown. And that’s a call you won’t be able to challenge.
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 4 1/2 to 5 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 6)
- 16 crusty slider rolls, halved
- 1 package (2 cups) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a slow cooker crock, combine spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Remove 3/4 cup sauce and set aside.
- Place chicken breasts in crock, turn to coat with sauce.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or LOW for 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, remove chicken breasts to a cutting board. Shred chicken using two forks. Add shredded chicken to crock and stir together.
- Heat the oven to broil. Place shredded chicken on bottom half of slider rolls. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Place on baking pan and broil until cheese is melted. Cover with top bun.