I’ve never met a slice of pizza I didn’t like. From the cheapest, store-bought, frozen pizza to the torso-sized slices from the Sicilian pizzeria in my neighborhood – I like it all.
With that said, I also like anything that falls under the pizza umbrella including calzones, mini pizzas bagels (better known as the bagel bites in your freezer), pizza pull-apart bread, and the list goes on and on. Anything pizza-flavored is OK in my book. If bread, cheese, and marinara are involved, sign me up. Must be my Italian roots.
That brings me to this gooey, spreadable version of our beloved pizza. This pizza dip is made in the slow cooker and contains the usual suspects, creating the familiar pizza flavor you crave but in dip form.
Mix cream cheese, ricotta cheese, pepperoni, parmesan cheese, garlic, and Italian seasoning in the slow cooker crock. Top with spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese (yes, more cheese), a sprinkle of Italian seasoning and cook on HIGH for 1 hour or LOW for 2 hours until the cheese is melted and the mixture is bubbling.
This dip is just calling to be dunked into. Serve it with bagel chips for a New York pizza feel, crostini, or your favorite pretzels or crackers. It’s easy to pick up the phone and order a pie or two when you’re watching the big game, but why not turn your favorite slice into a dip for everyone to share?
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 1 stick (8 oz.) pepperoni, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 2/3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Place cream cheese, ricotta cheese, pepperoni, Parmesan cheese, garlic and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning in slow cooker crock. Stir until combined.
- Top with spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of Italian seasoning.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour or LOW 2 hours until mixture is bubbling. Serve with bagel chips or crackers.