The big game will be here before you know it. I’ve been busy buying football decorations for the house and scouring Pinterest and my favorite cookbooks for mouth-watering appetizer recipes. You can never have too many dippable, dunkable snacks on the coffee table when you’re watching the game. That’s why these deep fried BBQ Chicken Taquitos will be included in this year’s lineup.
Okay, we can all agree that everything is better deep fried, right? These taquitos are no exception. The cheese, chicken, and barbecue sauce filling gets perfectly melty and oozy while the tortilla fries to a crunchy, golden brown.
These taquitos are handheld and flavorful – two of the must-have requirements to make our gameday roster.
Drizzle a little BBQ sauce over the top of the taquitos and make any extra readily available for dipping purposes – but providing multiple sauces might be fun for your football-frenzied guests. These taquitos would gladly take a dive in chipotle ranch, steaming hot queso, or fresh salsa. Break out the deep fryer, turn on the game, and open wide. Calories don’t count on gameday, right?
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Sliced green onions
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, cheese and barbecue sauce.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture toward one edge of a tortilla. Sprinkle with cilantro and green onions. Roll tortilla to enclose filling. Secure with wooden skewer. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Fry taquitos 3 to 4 at a time, turning once, until golden brown about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Serve with additional barbecue sauce.
Double baskets let you cook 2 foods at once with the Hamilton Beach® 19 Cup Oil Capacity Professional-Style Deep Fryer.