Once Thanksgiving is over, it’s time to get creative in the kitchen and brainstorm different ways to use up all of those leftovers. While my go-to is simply turkey on white bread with way too much mayonnaise and cracked black pepper, you can only eat so many turkey sandwiches (that’s not true, I could eat them everyday). But for those of you who want something a little more exciting, try adding leftover turkey to soups, like Turkey Tortilla Soup, or using it as an add-on to your favorite fall salad.
If you are feeding the family or still have out-of-town guests staying with you, use up all of your turkey leftovers in Slow Cooker Turkey Tetrazzini.
The Test Kitchen decided to make this tetrazzini in the Hamilton Beach® Professional Sous Vide and 6QT Slow Cooker (but you could adapt this to whatever shape slow cooker you have) because the rectangular crock mimics a casserole dish.
This classic casserole is cooked on slow cooker mode and has all the usual suspects. The combination of pasta, turkey, and a creamy sauce makes for classic comfort food. The roasted red peppers and bright green peas add pops of color while the breadcrumbs on top add the crust you crave on a traditional casserole.
Skip the white bread and toss your turkey into the slow cooker. Turkey tetrazzini is sure to become one of your go-to recipes post-Thanksgiving.
- 2 cans (10.5 ounces each) cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 box (1 pound) spaghetti, uncooked, broken into pieces
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup Italian flavored bread crumbs
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on LOW, beat the soup, chicken broth, cream cheese, wine, black pepper and salt until blended, about 1 minute.
- Stir in spaghetti, mushrooms, turkey, peas, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan and red peppers. Add mixture to a slow cooker crock.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining grated Parmesan and bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours or LOW for 4 to 5 hours. Remove cover and sprinkle bread crumb mixture over turkey mixture and cook an additional 15 minutes.