It’s apple season and we can’t seem to get enough of this crisp, sweet fruit. Cider, pie, cookies, butter, you name it – it’s truly all about apples this time of year. While you’re busy peeling and coring, make sure to add this apple crumb tart to your fall recipe lineup.
Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place room-temperature pie crust in the center of the cookie sheet and unroll (you can use pre made pie crust, or make your own).
In a food processor, pulse flour, oats, brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon until the mixture is blended. With the food processor running, add butter through the food chute and blend until crumbs form, then set this mixture aside.
Using the 3-in-1 Electric Spiralizer, use the ribbon disc to make apple ribbons. Place the ribbons in the center of the pie crust, leaving about 1 ½ inches around the edge.
In a small bowl, mix the remaining cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle over the apple ribbons.
Fold the crust around the apple ribbons, pinching while folding and top the tart with the crumb mixture. Bake for about 25-30 minutes at 425 degrees, until the crust and crumb topping are browned.
Serve this beautiful crumb tart with a large scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top or enjoy with a glass of your favorite wine on a cool night. During the week, reheat the leftovers, brew a pot of coffee and indulge in a sweet breakfast.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, room temperature
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 cup cold butter, sliced
- 5 small green apples, peeled and cored
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place the pie crust in the center of the cookie sheet and unroll.
- In a food processor bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon by pulsing a few times to blend.
- With the food processor running, add butter through the food chute and blend until crumbs form. Set aside.
- Using a spiralizer, make ribbons of apples. Place apple ribbons in center of pie crust, leaving 1 1/2 inches around the edge.
- In a small bowl, stir remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon until blended. Sprinkle over apples.
- Fold 1 1/2-inch crust up around apple ribbons, pinching while folding. Top apple ribbons with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake until crust and crumb topping are browned, 25 to 30 minutes.