Need to throw together a quick dinner after a hectic work day? What about a filling after-school snack for the kids? Have 10 hungry football fans at your house? Nachos are the answer. Nachos are always the answer.
If you’ve been on Pinterest or read a food magazine recently, you have probably seen a sheet pan supper or two. We love the idea of throwing ingredients on one pan, letting everything cook together, and having dinner ready in no time – with minimal clean up. Our Chicken Thighs with Rosemary Root Vegetables was our first crack at a sheet pan supper and we loved it. These chicken nachos are another sheet pan supper that won’t disappoint.
Heat your Easy Reach® Toaster Oven to 350 degrees, then line your oven pan with aluminum foil and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange your favorite tortilla chips (the sturdier the better) in an even layer on the pan and prepare to pile toppings high. We mixed shredded chicken, homemade salsa (use store-bought if you want to save a little time), black beans, and cheese together and spooned the mixture onto the chips. Top with even more cheese (obviously) and jalapeños if you like your nachos spicy and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
See just how easy it is to make shredded chicken in your slow cooker by watching the video below.
We served these nachos with extra homemade salsa and guacamole but customize them to your liking. Substitute ground beef or steak for the shredded chicken or add sour cream and hot sauce on top. If you’re feeding a crowd, use your regular oven and a cookie sheet and double or triple the recipe.
Whether you place the sheet pan in the middle of the dinner table to easily feed the family or put it on the coffee table while friends watch the game, these nachos won’t last long.
- Tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 3/4 cup Fresh & Spicy Salsa, divided
- 1 cup drained black beans
- 1 package (2 cups) shredded colby and Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 fresh jalapeno, sliced
- Heat toaster oven to 350°F. Line a toaster oven pan with aluminum foil and spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange tortilla chips in an even layer in pan.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken, 3/4 cup salsa, black beans and 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Spoon chicken mixture over chips. Top with remaining cheese and jalapeno slices.
- Bake until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through, 18 to 20 minutes
- Serve with remaining salsa and guacamole.
- Browned ground beef can be substituted for the chicken.