It’s the first day of summer. What better way to celebrate the season than with a frosty peach milkshake?
As the weather heats up, we fire up the grills, head to the beach, and give in to our ice cream cravings. When we’re searching for a drink to cool us down, we prefer that it fall into the milkshake or cocktail category. Lucky for us, the Test Kitchen developed a shake that’s a little bit of both.
This peach cobbler milkshake tastes like summer with boozy kick (thanks to the rum). It includes seasonal peaches (is there anything better than a perfectly ripe peach?), spiced rum, and crunchy granola that’s reminiscent of seasonal cobblers. You can leave out the rum if you prefer a non-alcoholic, kid-friendly milkshake and add as many different summer berries as your heart desires.
The tasting panel decided there were few (if any) milkshakes we didn’t like, but all agreed that this one was the perfect summer indulgence. Whip this up in your drink mixer, grab and straw, put your feet up and enjoy the first day of summer.
- 5 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh peaches
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 to 1 1/2 ounces spiced rum
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 soft cinnamon-flavored granola bar, oatmeal breakfast square or oatmeal cookie, crumbled
- Place all ingredients into stainless steel mixing cup of the drink mixer.
- Process until desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with additional crumbs
Enjoy thick shakes & soda fountain drinks at home with the DrinkMaster® Chrome Classic.
Other summer dessert recipes to try: