Spring has sprung and everyone is ready to put fresh fruits and vegetables on the table. You may have seen recipes for zoodles (zucchini noodles), but we love the idea of spiralizing a variety of vegetables to make vegetable noodles. For our Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Spiralizer Veggie Pasta we spiralized three different veggies to leave you with a colorful, tasty dish both kids and adults can enjoy.
Using your 3-in-1 Electric Spiralizer, spiralize zucchini, yellow squash, and carrots. We liked the combination of green, yellow, and orange on the plate but feel free to mix and match your favorite vegetables. Quickly blanch the vegetables and set them aside.
In a large skillet, melt butter and add garlic, cooking for 1 to 2 minutes. Next, add the cornstarch and chicken broth mixture, shrimp, lemon juice, the remaining chicken broth (you could always substitute vegetable broth), and salt and pepper to taste.
Once the shrimp are cooked and the sauce thickens, add lemon zest and capers. Serve over your veggie noodles and garnish with fresh parsley for the perfect spring meal.
This meal is not only appealing to the eye (it’s almost too pretty to eat), it’s rich in flavor while still being figure-friendly. Whether you are trying to get your kids to eat more vegetables or having guests over for dinner and drinks on the patio, this Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Spiralizer Pasta fits the bill.
- 2 large zucchini
- 2 large yellow squash
- 2 large carrots
- 1 pound (20 to 24 count) peeled and deveined shrimp
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Using a Spiralizer, make spirals of zucchini, yellow squash and carrot; set aside. In a large saucepan over high heat, boil water. Blanch veggie pasta very quickly, 15 to 30 seconds. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons chicken broth. Add to skillet with shrimp, remaining chicken broth, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cook until shrimp are opaque throughout and sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in lemon zest and capers. Serve over veggie pasta.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Create zucchini noodles, vegetable salad, cucumber ribbons, curly fries, and more with the 3-in-1 Electric Spiralizer.