Bacon. Cheeseburger. Meatloaf. Yes, that’s what you just read. This cheesy, over-the-top meatloaf can be made right in your slow cooker and tastes just like a bacon cheeseburger.
Line your slow cooker crock with aluminum foil then set aside. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, garlic, eggs, cracker crumbs, barbeque sauce, milk, Worchestire sauce and salt and pepper. Once the ingredients are well mixed, shaped the meat into a 1-inch thick rectangle. Here’s where it gets good. Slice a block of cheese in half and place one half in the center of the meatloaf (we used Velveeta because it melts evenly). Sprinkle crumbled bacon on top of the cheese then use your hands to form the meatloaf around the cheese, sealing it inside.
Place the meatloaf in the slow cooker crock and spread the remaining barbecue sauce on top. Cook on HIGH for 2 ½ to 3 hours or on LOW for 4 to 5 hours. If you are using a slow cooker with a probe, cook until the meat reaches 160 degrees.
Once the meat is cooked through, remove it from the slow cooker and place on a baking pan. Top the meatloaf with slices of bacon (yes, more bacon) and bake in the oven until it’s crispy. Top your bacon-wrapped meatloaf with french fried onions and bake for another 5 minutes.
With melted cheese inside, slice into this meatloaf and you’ll get cheese, bacon and barbeque sauce in every bite. Whether you are making it for your family or serving it to friends while hosting a March Madness party – this Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf will definitely feed a crowd. If you have leftovers, try a slice between Texas toast with more barbecue sauce for a workweek sandwich you won’t find at your local deli.
- 2 pounds ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup crushed buttery crackers
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) Velveeta® cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 1 cup French fried onions, crushed
- Line the slow cooker crock with heavy duty aluminum foil; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, garlic, eggs, cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- On a large cutting board, shape the meat mixture into a rectangle about 1-inch thick. Slice the cheese in half lengthwise and place one half in center of meatloaf mixture. Reserve remaining half of cheese for another use. Sprinkle cheese with crumbled bacon. Form meatloaf mixture around cheese to seal cheese inside.
- Spread remaining 1/2 cup barbecue sauce over top of meatloaf.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or LOW for 4 to 5 hours. If using a slow cooker with a probe, cook until meatloaf reaches 160°F.
- Heat oven to 450°F. Pour off any juices that have accumulated in crock. Using aluminum foil, remove meatloaf mixture from crock and place in baking pan. Top meatloaf with slices of bacon. Bake in oven for 5 minutes. Add French fried onions and bake for another 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
For the cook who is busy all day but wants a home- cooked dinner at night, a slow cooker is the answer. And with the Set & Forget® Programmable Slow Cooker, technology takes a big leap forward from the outdated slow cookers found in yesterday’s kitchens.