Cauliflower is quickly earning its place among popular, nutrient-rich superfoods. Not only is cauliflower a versatile vegetable, it is wonderful source of vitamin C.
This Roasted Cauliflower with Curry Soup is figure-friendly and provides the perfect way to warm up on a chilly winter day.
We roasted the cauliflower with garlic and olive oil before adding it to a dutch oven with vegetable broth, salt and pepper. Roasting cauliflower brings out a nutty flavor in the vegetable and adds color by browning the off-white edges. Adding a touch of spicy curry powder to the mixture perfectly compliments the mild cauliflower while a sprinkle of roasted red pepper flakes adds a little heat.
After the ingredients heat up in the dutch oven, a portion is blended until smooth. The leftover cauliflower mixture is combined with the puree for added texture then topped with a swirl of yogurt and fresh parsley to brighten the flavor.
This lusciously creamy soup is a must try during soup season.
- 1 large head (about 2 pounds) cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse pepper
- Plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In a large baking pan, add cauliflower, onion and garlic. Drizzle olive oil over cauliflower mixture and stir.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and lightly browned.
- In a dutch oven over medium heat, add cauliflower mixture, broth, curry powder, salt, crushed red pepper and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove 4 cups cauliflower mixture and add to a blender jar. Cover and blend on HIGH until pureed.
- Return mixture back to dutch oven. Stir until well blended.
- Serve with yogurt and chopped cilantro.
Add some versatility to your kitchen counter with this powerful and durable blender. The Hamilton Beach® Wave~Action® Blender easily makes smoothies or shakes, and it’s also great for making soups, sauces, or salsa.