Throughout the holiday season, I like to put together special packaged treats I can have on hand for gifting to friends, neighbors and family. This simple party mix is perfect to divide up into cute tins and distribute to everyone on your list. Because we make it in a 6-quart slow cooker, it is also a crowd-pleasing snack for parties.
In this recipe we wanted a little more protein, so we added smoked almonds, but you can add peanuts or a nut mix. Trust me, this is not your average Chex Mix® and making it in the slow cooker means it’s super simple and hands-off.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 cups corn square cereal
- 4 cups rice square cereal
- 2 cups wheat square cereal
- 2 cups small salted pretzels
- 2 cups small white Cheddar square cheese crackers
- 2 cups smoked almonds
- In a slow cooker crock, stir butter, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, garlic and onion powder until blended.
- Add cereals, pretzels, crackers and almonds to the butter mixture. Gently toss mixture to coat.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 1 1/2 hours or LOW 3 hours, gently stirring every 30 minutes.
- Spread mixture on parchment paper to cool.