Is there a holiday flavor any more festive than gingerbread? We combine this seasonal favorite with chocolate to make single-serving mini bundt cakes. The process is easy as pie, er… cake, especially with the help of an Eclectrics® stand mixer.
You’ll use the stand mixer to beat butter until creamy, gradually adding milk, brown sugar, eggs and molasses. Once everything is well blended, slowly add the flour mixture, which includes cocoa, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg (all the flavors of a holiday treat).
We topped the glazed mini bundts with a sprinkle of crystallized ginger, adding another layer of holiday flavor. These cakes will make a nice addition to your holiday dessert table, especially when served with an after-dinner coffee.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 package (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Chopped crystallized ginger
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray mini bundt pans with nonstick cooking spray. Dust with flour.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt, cloves and nutmeg.
- In a stand mixer bowl, beat butter until creamy. Gradually beat in milk, brown sugar, molasses and eggs until well blended.
- Reduce speed to LOW. Slowly add flour mixture until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared bundt pans.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Invert onto cooling rack and cool completely.
- In a microwavable bowl, stir together 1 cup chocolate chips, heavy cream, butter and corn syrup.
- Microwave on MEDIUM power 1 minute or until chips are shiny. Stir until mixture is smooth.
- Spread glaze over top of each mini bundt and sprinkle with crystallized ginger.
More desserts to bake: