Retire the can of wiggly cranberry jelly this year and instead create a memorable dish using fresh, flavorful ingredients. All it takes is a bag of cranberries, an orange, sugar, a dash of clove and a few splashes of Grand Marnier or orange juice to create a sweet yet tangy relish to accent your Thanksgiving meal.
This zesty relish makes an amazing accompaniment to the flavors of rich gravy, savory stuffing and buttery potatoes already on your plate.
I know it is easy to open a can of cranberries and serve, but using a food processor makes this recipe pretty simple, too. Just place the ingredients into the processor and blend. And since this relish is best made a day in advance, it will be ready to go Thanksgiving Day. With its bright red color, garnished with orange zest, it’s sure to be a festive addition to your table.
- 12 oz. cranberries (fresh with stems removed, or frozen)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 small navel orange, washed, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier® liqueur or orange juice
- Dash of ground cloves
- Using S-blade, place cranberries, sugar, orange, Grand Marnier® or orange juice, and cloves into the work bowl.
- Process until cranberries are almost smooth, yet a bit chunky.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.