The mighty slow cooker, the renowned kitchen appliance best known for transforming tough meat into tender pot roast, can also make a rich and luxurious dessert. This is the ultimate slow-cooked confection for hardcore chocolate aficionados.
Slow cooker triple chocolate cake uses everyday ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen like eggs, sour cream, boxed chocolate cake mix, chocolate chips and instant pudding. Go ahead and check. We’ll wait.
Got ’em? Great. Let’s get started.
First, mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Then, spray the crock with nonstick cooking spray and pour the batter into the crock. Cover and cook on LOW for about 4 hours. That’s it. It doesn’t get any easier than this.
If you love chocolate, or if you just want to use your slow cooker for something other than chili, you’ve got to make this deliciously moist cake.
- 1 box (18 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package (3 oz.) instant chocolate pudding
- 1 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Spray slow cooker crock with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir all ingredients in large bowl with a spoon until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared crock and place in base.
- Cover and cook on LOW 3 - 4 hours or until done in the center.
- Do not cook on High heat
- Use an ice cream scoop for serving warm or allow to cool completely.
- Excellent with a scoop of your favorite ice cream or whipped cream
- Drizzle with chocolate or raspberry syrup and serve with fresh raspberries.