Some slow cooker recipes are great because you can toss everything in the crock in the morning and run out the door. The slow cooker does all the work while you go about your day, and you come back to a warm and satisfying meal as though a personal chef was in your kitchen all afternoon. This is one of those recipes.
Inspired by every kids’ favorite soup brand, this vegetable beef soup is a nod to the comforts of home and an invitation to fall, since it’s right around the corner whether we like it or not. We might as well welcome it with open arms, as Labor Day has come and gone, and soon leaves will start falling, if they haven’t already. Can you believe it? Where did the time go?
We can’t tell you where your summer went, but you can get a few minutes of your time back by making this recipe in your slow cooker this week for dinner. Just put all the ingredients in the crock, set the time and temperature, and when you get home, you can dip in some crusty bread and enjoy a hearty, healthy meal.
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red potato, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (1 pound) frozen mixed vegetables
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In slow cooker crock, combine all ingredients.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or LOW for 6 to 7 hours until meat is tender. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.