Spring is here, the grills are coming out and everyone is craving fresh, bright flavors and dishes with a little kick. Just in time for Cinco de Mayo are these grilled shrimp marinated in a blend of añejo tequila, lime and spices. They’ll bring a little fire and a lot flavor to your average taco.
Find some big, jumbo shrimp at the supermarket and fresh bell peppers and onions. While the shrimp is soaking up all that delicious south-of-the-border flavor, cut up your peppers and onions and start tossing them on the grill. (You can make the sauce in your personal blender ahead of time to save a few minutes of work on Cinco de Mayo.)
We recommend grilling the taco shells, too, as it really brings out the toasted corn flavor. Skewer the shrimp and cook them on a really hot grill for a couple minutes until they are just done. Be careful not to overcook them.
Set out all of the ingredients on your table – including some fresh lime margaritas – and let everyone dig in. The punchy flavor of the tacos will go perfectly with your drinks and a side of chips and salsa. It’s a quick and easy recipe full of festive fiesta flavor – and just in time for May 5th. Ole!
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut in half
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut in half
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and cut in half
- 1 medium sweet onion, quartered
- 6 to 8 small corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 avocado, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 8 wooden skewers
- In a 1 gallon resealable plastic bag, add tequila, lime juice, garlic, crushed red pepper, cumin, salt, pepper and shrimp. Shake bag and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat grill on SEARING. Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir mayonnaise, lime juice, chili powder, cumin and salt until well blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Grill peppers and onions for 15 minutes, turning once until tender. Remove from grill to a platter and cover until ready to serve.
- Drain shrimp and discard marinade. Thread 6 shrimp onto each skewer.
- Place 4 skewers on grill and cook for 3 minutes, turning once. Remove from grill to a platter and cover. Repeat grilling with remaining skewers.
- Lightly brush oil on one side of each tortilla. Grill 30 seconds to 1 minute to get grill marks and tortilla is warmed. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Top each tortilla with peppers, avocado, shrimp and cilantro. Drizzle with Sauce. Fold in half to serve.
Hamilton Beach® Single-Serve Blenders feature durable stainless steel blades that blend your favorite drinks in seconds. Use the travel cup to blend drinks to go anytime, or fill the whole jar with fresh ingredients for family and friends.
Cleanup couldn’t be simpler — place the cup or blending jar right in the dishwasher.
With the Indoor Searing Grill, you can enjoy outdoor grilled flavor anytime you want, regardless of the weather. There are two secrets to its excellent grilling capability. The Searing Grill’s high-heat searing temperature locks in juices and flavor, giving your meat better taste, texture and appearance. What’s more, its unique hooded design helps keep in flavor to give your food that authentic outdoor grilled taste.
Quick Assembly with Excellent Grill Performance.
Everyone loves to grill outdoors, but assembling a new grillcan take 2 to 4 hours, not to mention the time it takes to decipher the often-confusing instructions.
With the Quick Assembly Grill, setup is a snap because the grill is partially assembled inside the package. Just roll the grill out of the box and unfold it with help from a friend. With only a Phillips screwdriver to attach the side shelves, you’ll be ready to grill your favorite steaks, burgers, chicken, fish, or chops in about 10 minutes.
With top-of-the-line features such as porcelain-coated, cast iron cooking grates and oversized temperature gauges, Hamilton Beach grills are built to perform.