If you can imagine a mini version of a chili relleno with an extra-crispy exterior and a warm, creamy center, you can imagine how delicious a bite of one of these deep-fried jalapeño poppers must be. And you’d be imagining right – they’re so much better than the ones you get from the frozen section of the grocery store. These tasty appetizers are so irresistible, you can’t stop at just one. Their crunchy texture comes from a generous coating of seasoned breadcrumbs, but just one coating. Any more than that and you’re at risk of masking the stars of the show.
The mild heat of the jalapeño is complemented by the cool tang of the cream cheese and cilantro. Dipped in ranch dressing, the deliver even less of a fiery bite, so even the timid can enjoy this snack. Try this tasty jalapeño popper recipe at your next get-together (Is anyone else watching college basketball?) or party. They are a definite crowd-pleaser, and though they’re a cinch to prepare, don’t expect them to last more than a few seconds once they’re made.
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 jalapeno peppers, sliced in half with tops and seeds removed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper. Stuff each jalapeno with equal amounts of the cream cheese mixture. Dip in eggs, then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry jalapenos for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels before serving.
Hamilton Beach® Deep Fryers are generously sized for greater versatility — some even accommodating a whole chicken. What’s more, you can fry crispy, mouth-watering foods without the mess you’ve come to expect.