Everybody loves comfort food this time of year, and lasagna is no exception. But instead of baking in the oven, this lasagna is made in the slow cooker. The layers are stacked as usual, but with this method, you can walk away – perfect for weekends filled with errands and holiday shopping, so you can still come home to a hot meal.
This recipe uses our favorite Slow Cooker Marinara Sauce and features Italian sausage for a little kick. Make it your own by adding healthy veggies or substituting ground beef or turkey.
- 1 pound hot or sweet Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 cups slow cooker marinara sauce
- 3 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, divided
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped parsley, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown sausage. Drain oil, then add onions and garlic; cook until just beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in marinara sauce and 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs and remaining Italian seasoning.
- Spread 1/2 cup of sauce mixture in bottom of slow cooker crock. Layer 3 lasagna noodles over sauce, breaking to fit as necessary.
- Spread 1/3 of ricotta mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers 2 more times, ending with sauce.
- Cover and and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on LOW for 6 to 6 1/2 hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and cover until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
- To arrange uncooked noodles in an oval crock, place one noodle in center of crock. Cut or break off ends of 2 more noodles to fit beside the center noodle. Use the small pieces to place in any open areas. Repeat for each layer.
More slow cooker recipes to try
For the cook who is busy all day but wants a home-cooked dinner at night, a slow cooker is the answer. And with the Set & Forget® Programmable Slow Cooker, technology takes a big leap forward from the outdated slow cookers found in yesterday’s kitchens.