Smoothies are great, especially in the spring and summer. That’s when I really start to craaaave fruits and vegetables and push pasta to the side. (Not every time, though. I still love pasta.) My favorite time to have a smoothie is breakfast, because it feels like I’m kick-starting my day with a boost of refreshing, healthy fruit. Breakfast smoothies are even better with a dollop – or a huge scoop – of yogurt, especially one with a hint of vanilla or honey. Greek yogurt is my favorite because it’s high in protein and makes my breakfast seem a little more substantial. The yogurt also gives smoothies creaminess and tang. If berries aren’t quite in season yet, buy them frozen. This way, you’ll always have some on hand for breakfast, even a healthy snack for the kids.
- 1 ½ cup pomegranate juice
- 1 ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 ½ cup lowfat or nonfat vanilla yogurt
- Pour pomegranate juice into blender, then add remaining ingredients.
- Blend on a high speed setting or smoothie setting until blended and smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
- Substitute another kind of juice if you do not have pomegranate juice on hand, for instance grape or even apple. Try different flavors of yogurt to add a different twist.
Looking to satisfy those sweet cravings or kick-start a healthy lifestyle that’s maintainable and personalized to your taste? Stop settling for mediocre, vending machine drinks and snacks and take the first important step toward a healthy lifestyle with the Hamilton Beach© Smoothie Smart™ Blender. Your body will be glad you did.