Thanksgiving is next week and the countdown is ticking on guest lists and meal planning. The big food holiday will be here before you know it and you’ll be eating a little of this and a little (or a lot) of that for about 24 hours.
There will be naps, maybe a football game or two, and the proverbial loosening of the belt. Before you stuff yourself silly next week, wouldn’t you like something refreshing and bright that’s actually good for you?
I’m going to be making this Ginger Pear Smoothie a lot this fall and winter because I love the way it captures seasonal flavors without being too heavy or sweet. It would also make a great morning-after Thanksgiving treat if you have guests. Each batch serves 4-6 and will tide everyone over until pancakes are made or leftovers are reheated.
- 1 cup mango or pineapple juice
- 2 medium pears, cored and cut in chunks
- 1/2 inch piece ginger, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup ice cubes (10 crescent shape)
- Place ingredients in blender jar in order listed.
- Cover and blend on AUTO SMOOTHIE setting or PULSE a few times, then blend on HIGH for 30 to 45 seconds.