It’s November and it’s time to put Thanksgiving menu planning on the to-do list. Turkey, check, green bean casserole, check. Pumpkin pie, check. But what about the rolls? You are probably tempted to save a little time and pick up a bag of frozen dinner rolls the next time you go grocery shopping or to cross the rolls off the list since the table is already looking a little overcrowded. Think again. First things first, there is always room for more carbohydrates on the Thanksgiving table (and on all tables). What do you plan on using to sop up all that extra gravy? Secondly, there is no disputing that homemade bread is the best bread. Hands. Down.
Make the dough for these delicious dinner rolls in your Hamilton Beach bread maker. Once the dough cycle is finished, cut the dough in half, then divide each half into 10 pieces and shape into rolls. You’ll be left with 20 rolls total. Let the dough rise for about 45 minutes in a prepared pan until the rolls have almost doubled in size.
Before baking, brush the top of the rolls with an egg wash and then sprinkle with a tasty mixture of parmesan cheese, garlic, parsley, and salt. Put the rolls in the oven at 375 degrees and bake for 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown and the parmesan is slightly melted.
After you try these, you’ll want to put homemade rolls on the table every chance you get – not just on holidays. At the tasting panel, we each ate 2-3, zero exaggeration. Garlic parmesan dinner rolls are fluffy and flavorful. The inside is light and airy while the garlic and herbs create a nice crust on top. Whether you are dunking them in your favorite soup, serving them with Thanksgiving dinner, or taking them to a potluck, these rolls will not disappoint. Get baking.
- BREAD DOUGH
- 1 cup milk, heated to about 100°F.
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- GARLIC PARMESAN TOPPING
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Place all bread dough ingredients in the bread maker pan in order listed.
- Choose Cycle 8 for Dough. Press Start.
- At the end of the Dough cycle, remove the dough from the bread maker. Press and hold the START/STOP button for several seconds to end the cycle. Place dough on a floured surface.
- Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Cut dough in half; then divide each half into 10 pieces. Shape into round rolls. Place in prepared pan. Let rise until almost double in size, about 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, whisk egg with water. In another small bowl, combine Parmesan, garlic, parsley and salt. Brush top of each roll with egg wash. Sprinkle with Parmesan mixture.
- Bake until rolls are golden brown and Parmesan is slightly melted, 15 to 20 minutes. Use parchment paper to lift rolls from pan onto rack to cool.