A delicious chicken salad can be thrown together in a matter of minutes with only a few ingredients. Whether you combine mayo, celery, and onion or add a little bit of curry powder into the mix, there’s no denying that chicken salad is a simple and satisfying meal.
Instead of making the same old, same old for a quick lunch or dinner, try switching up your recipe by mixing in fresh, spiralized vegetables and a flavorful thai dressing.
Using the 3-in-1 Electric Spiralizer, make carrot, cucumber and summer squash spirals. We liked this vibrant color combination but you could easily substitute zucchini or other fresh veggies you might have on hand. Once your vegetables are spiralized, combine them in a large mixing bowl along with chicken, sliced almonds, cilantro, and basil. We used three cups of our Basic Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken but you could use rotisserie chicken or canned chicken in this recipe to cut down on prep time.
For the dressing, mix together sesame oil, fish sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, honey, dried crushed red pepper and black pepper. When the mixture is well blended, pour over the vegetables and chicken and refrigerate.
Once the salad has chilled, it’s ready to serve. Spiralizer Thai Vegetable and Chicken Salad would make a great alternative to your standard ham and cheese desk lunch or an easy dinner when you want to keep the stove off during the summer months. Sprinkle a few extra almonds on top and add this into your arsenal of chicken salad recipes. Trust us, you won’t miss the mayo.
- 1 large English cucumber
- 1 large yellow squash
- 1 large thick carrot, peeled
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- Using a spiralizer, make spirals of cucumber, squash and carrots; set aside. In a large bowl, add cucumber, squash, carrot, chicken, almonds, cilantro and basil.
- In a small bowl, stir oil, fish sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, honey, dried crushed red pepper and black pepper until well blended. Pour over vegetable mixture and toss until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours for flavors to blend or until ready to serve.