This is a quick and easy recipe for a weeknight meal you can toss in the slow cooker before running out to soccer practice. You can use your favorite brand of barbecue sauce and chili seasoning for a tasty three-ingredient chicken dish. Serve with steamed veggies or leftover pasta salad and dinner is served within minutes–and that always makes a busy mom happy.
- 3 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 package (1.25 ounces) chili seasoning mix
- 4 1/2 to 5 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs and skinless, bone-in drumsticks
- In slow cooker crock, stir together barbecue sauce and chili seasoning mix.
- Add chicken pieces and stir to coat.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- TEST KITCHEN TIP: It is easy to remove the skin from chicken using kitchen shears or by simply gripping the skin with paper towels and pulling away from the meat gently.