Perfect for busy weeknights and the back-to-school season ahead, it only takes a few simple ingredients to make this quick and easy fish entree. The tilapia is baked with a mixture of parmesan, panko and Italian seasonings for a delicious crunch over a fish filet kept tender with the addition of mayonnaise. It’s baked in the Easy Reach Convection Oven to keep dinner speedy, and this recipe serves two, but easily doubles to accommodate a family of four. Serve it with a vegetable side dish and a couple lemon wedges, and you’ve got a foolproof, healthy dinner in no time.
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned panko
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tilapia (or similar white fish) filets, about 4 ounces each
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, add panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and pepper. Seal and shake bag.
- Spread mayonnaise on both sides of fish filets. Add fish to bag and shake until coated with crumb mixture.
- Press remaining crumbs from bag onto fish. Place on prepared baking pan.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Tip: For a little kick or some added zip, add a pinch of pinch of cayenne pepper or some lemon zest to the panko coating.
Say hello to easy access and goodbye to hard-to-reach food. Small enough to fit on your counter but large enough to fit 6 slices of toast or a 12-inch pizza, the Hamilton Beach® Easy-Reach™ Convection Oven has an innovative roll-top door to increase workspace, visibility, and access to the oven.