Jamaican Jerk seasoning recipes vary, but here we’ve used a blend of green onion, soy sauce, lime, allspice, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. It’s traditionally used on chicken, pork, fish and vegetables to add a kick of bright, sweet tang. Be sure not to overcook the chicken on the grill, so it stays nice and tender.
Serve the jerk chicken topped with a salsa made of fresh mango and pineapple. It will compliment the flavors of the jerk seasoning perfectly, and mango relishes are a traditional Jamaican accompaniment. This is a healthy dinner that can be prepared ahead of time for a quick and easy weeknight family meal.
- 4 green onions, cut in pieces
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 3/4 pounds chicken tenders
- In a food chopper, add green onion, vinegar, oil, soy sauce, lime juice, allspice, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Process until smooth.
- Add mixture and chicken to a large resealable plastic bag. Seal and shake bag until chicken is coated.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH heat or GRILL ZONE (ORANGE).
- Drain chicken; discard marinade.
- Grill chicken, covered, 7 to 8 minutes, turning once.
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Stir pineapple, orange, mango, red pepper, pineapple juice, cilantro, onion, cider vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Compact, affordable electrics chop and mince in a flash.
Hamilton Beach® Food Choppers speed food prep by handling the chopping, mincing and mixing for you. Don’t let the compact, lightweight design fool you. These popular food choppers are powerful enough to take on onions, herbs, nuts, garlic and more. You can even use these food choppers to puree sauces and baby food. Hamilton Beach® Food Choppers‘ stainless steel chopping blades provide powerful, reliable results. Plus, they’re easy to use and clean — the bowl, lid and chopping blade are dishwasher safe, and the hideaway cord cuts countertop clutter.
With top-of-the-line features such as porcelain-coated, cast iron cooking grates and oversized temperature gauges, Hamilton Beach grills are built to perform. Enjoy the compliments you get from family and friends every time you fire up the grill.
But restaurant-quality results don’t have to come from a steakhouse. Instead, they can start at home with an indoor grill that does what most grills can’t: keep meat tender and juicy without overcooking it.