Summer sun means lots of activities for families, kids and adults, and these days, it seems like being fit has to “fit in” with with an on-the-go lifestyle or it’s just not going to work. That’s why we love the light and compact Go Sport Blender and the healthy, delicious smoothie recipes we can make to get us out the door quickly.
The blender jar is also the to-go cup, so once the apples, banana, kale and juice are blended, we can screw on the drinking top and rush out the door. We’re still getting the refreshing boost we crave from a healthful whole juice snack, but it’s convenient and fits into our busy lives.
- 6 crescent shape ice cubes
- 1/2 medium Granny Smith apple, cut in slices
- 1/2 medium banana, broken into chunks
- 1/2 cup kale, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- Place ingredients in jar in order listed. Carefully place cutting assembly and collar onto jar.
- Turn jar upside down and place onto base. Press ON/OFF button to pulse or blend 15 to 30 seconds or until smooth. Hold jar in place while blending.
- Remove collar and cutting blade assembly from jar. Hand-tighten drinking lid onto jar.
- This recipe was developed for the Go Sport Blender. If using a traditional single-serve blender, reverse the order of the ingredients in the jar, starting with liquid or juicy fruits first.