Is it just me or is the best part of eating at a Mexican restaurant the queso dip? I love salsas, tacos, fajitas and enchiladas too, but I just can’t resist that warm, gooey cheese dip before my meal. Now you can recreate this tasty appetizer, and even better, you can do it in your slow cooker! Now the perfect football food, taco night dip and party appetizer is right at your fingertips, so you can have that Mexican restaurant experience right at home.
- 1 pound process cheese spread, cubed
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cans (4.5 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker crock.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir and continue to cook until mixture is heated through and cheese is completely melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
In addition to offering modern convenience, the Set & Forget® Programmable Slow Cooker has three choices for easy, automatic cooking: program, probe and manual mode. For the cook who is busy all day but wants a home-cooked dinner at night, a slow cooker is the answer. And with this one, technology takes a big leap forward from the outdated slow cookers found in yesterday’s kitchens.