It’s August and chances are it’s hot where you are. Ice cream, sorbet, gelato, sherbet or frozen yogurt are churning in ice cream makers across the country, because nothing says late summer refreshment like a frozen dessert. But if you’re trying to stay beach-ready or have to deal with certain dietary restrictions, you might want to steer clear of fatty, sugary desserts and opt for something a little lighter. That’s where this dairy-free peach frozen “yogurt” comes in.
Luckily, peaches are plentiful this time of year, and they add a lot of natural sweetness to the fro-yo. You’ll only need to add a little bit of sugar.
All of these light, fresh ingredients mean the natural flavor of the peach can really shine through in this non-dairy peach frozen yogurt. You’ll want to come back to it again and again all summer – and if you freeze your peach slices, you can come back to it all year long!
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 3 pounds peaches, pitted and halved
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add coconut milk, peaches, sugar and vanilla extract to blender jar. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's directions.
- Pour into freezer containers and store in freezer.
- Let container of frozen treat stand at room temperature before scooping.
Save leftover frozen treats or make ice cream gifts to share with others using these adorable Ice Cream Storage Tubs. Each package includes 8 sets of containers and lids.