Burrito bowls and one dish meals are all the rage, and everyone seems to want the recipe for easy dishes like this homemade chipotle burrito bowl – and we can’t blame them! These meals are easy to prepare, perfect to make out of leftovers and quick to clean up because fewer dishes are used. Plus, if you have any picky eaters in the family, it’s not difficult to customize the bowl.
Here’s a tip: to prepare lunches or quick dinners like this, prep the ingredients on Sundays before your busy week begins. In fact, we made this at my house last night. We cut the grilled corn off a cob, diced up some fresh bell peppers and chiles, rinsed and warmed black beans, and chopped tomatoes and onions. Meanwhile, a batch of rice was going in my rice cooker and the fish was broiling in the toaster oven. The entire meal was easy and healthy – perfect for a quick supper. Often, we’ll double the recipe (or swap out the fish for chicken) and take the leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 1 small avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- 3 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chipotle and roasted garlic seasoning, divided
- 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 pound tilapia
- Chopped cilantro
- Mix avocado, sour cream, lime juice and 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning in a medium bowl until well blended. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat toaster oven on broil.
- Mix mayonnaise and remaining 1 teaspoon seasoning in small bowl.
- Brush mayonnaise mixture on both sides of tilapia.
- Place coated fish on pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Broil fish 10 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Serve with Avocado Sauce and garnish with lime slices and cilantro, if desired.
- This fish is great served “burrito bowl” style. Simple serve the fish over rice with desired vegetables and garnish as stated.