When you have a little extra time to make ice cream from scratch and the kids want to help out, this is your go-to recipe for that special treat. This rich and creamy ice cream is reminiscent of custard and tastes like a decadent strawberry cheesecake. Despite its sinfully delicious disguise, this ice cream is easy to pull together and looks beautiful presented on a cone or in a bowl. You could even spoon it into a graham cracker crust and freeze it to make an ice cream pie for a unique birthday cake or party dessert.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (17 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, slightly thawed, chopped
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla until fluffy.
- Gradually add sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream until smooth.
- Stir in strawberries.
- Start ice cream maker and pour mixture through hole in lid.
- Churn for 20-30 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs. Serve immediately as soft serve or store in freezer.
- For a 4-quart ice cream maker, double the ingredients and follow the recipe directions for twice as much delicious ice cream.
What’s made with the freshest ingredients and served at a table near you? Homemade ice cream from the Collapsible Bucket Ice Cream Maker. Its unique folding design stays up when needed, stores flat when you don’t and uses 39% less storage space than traditional ice cream makers.