Happy National Hot Fudge Sundae Day! We don’t know who invented this particular food holiday, but we’d like to give them a big high five. We love celebrations of any kind, but we get excited when our favorite food holidays roll around. It’s a great excuse to eat things like this twist on the classic hot fudge sundae. We grill the pound cake for caramelized flavor and then top it with all the classic sundae ingredients. Try it for dessert the next time you grill or go ahead and make them tonight. After all, it’s a holiday.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 (3/4-inch thick) slices pound cake
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce
- Stir butter and cinnamon in a small bowl; brush both sides of pound cake slices evenly with mixture.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH heat.
- Grill pound cake slices 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Top each pound cake slice with ice cream and hot fudge sauce before serving.
The high temperature of the Searing Grill makes it possible to get outdoor flavor indoors. Plus, the hood, grill plate and tray are removable and dishwasher-safe, making cleanup a breeze.