After a long, hard winter and a cold, rainy spring, we’re all welcoming summer with open arms. With the warmer weather comes a desire to grill, eat lighter and enjoy a cold one with the windows wide open. Unfortunately, while school lets out, companies don’t shut down and commitments don’t go away. So if time, space or money are limited, but you want to get the magic of the grilling season anyway, reach for an indoor grill.
You might be thinking an indoor grill won’t cut it and it’s better to give up on dreams of burgers and barbecue chicken, but the Searing Grill has solved all of your concerns. It gets hot – I mean really hot – so it creates the beautifully seared grill marks you desire with the grilled taste you crave. It will fool all your guests – just ask my friends who oohed and ahhed over the grill marks on their zucchini and chicken the other night. You’ll be amazed at the ease of cleaning up. No need to scrape the grill, throw out charcoal or get covered with ash or refill tanks – just pop off the grill plate, lid and tray and place them in the dishwasher. It’s that easy!
So the next time you want a light, delicious burger, but don’t want to break out a huge grill and all your tools, try this spicy turkey burger on the Searing Grill and get the outdoor flavor you crave on an easy-to-clean indoor grill.
- 1 small shallot, halved
- 1 small tomato, halved and seeded
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons spicy steak seasoning
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- Add shallot to food processor bowl; pulse until minced. Reserve half of the chopped shallot.
- Pulse tomato and cilantro until chopped. Stir in avocado, oil, juice, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- Combine turkey, reserved shallot and seasoning until well blended. Form into 4 patties.
- Preheat grill to 450°F or set on SEAR.
- Place burgers on grill. Grill 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through, until meat thermometer registers 165°F.
- Top each bun with refrigerated avocado relish.
The innovative Hamilton Beach Searing Grill is built to mimic cooking on an outdoor grill, but with the added benefit of a removable hood, non-stick grill plate and drip tray that are all dishwasher safe. Get outdoor flavor – indoors – with a high searing temperature that locks in juices and flavor.