Brownies from a boxed mix are great in a pinch, but brownies made from scratch are even better, and making them is a fun activity for the whole family. These fudgy brownies are full of chocolate and cinnamon flavor with a hint of coffee and marbled cream cheese. This easy-to-follow recipe will take you from dessert zero to brownie hero in no time, and you just might use it to become the queen of the next PTA bake sale fundraiser.
- 3 Tablespoons ground French roast coffee
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 package (4 oz.) unsweetened chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place rack of countertop convection oven in the second position from the bottom. Preheat to 350°F.
- Brew coffee with 1/4 cup water using the BOLD setting on your The Scoop® Single-Serve Coffee Maker.
- Microwave butter, chocolate and coffee in large bowl 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.
- Add 1 3/4 cups sugar, eggs, flour and salt; beat with a hand mixer until well blended. Spread mixture into foil-lined lightly greased 9-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon in large bowl until blended. Add remaining egg, beating until well blended; spoon mixture on top of chocolate mixture in pan. Swirl mixtures with a knife.
- Bake 43 to 45 minutes. Cool completely on wire wrack.
We love using the SoftScrape™ 6 Speed Hand Mixer with Case to make these marbled brownies. The special SoftScrape™ blades are designed to minimize the need to manually scrape the bowl with a spatula as you mix.