I love Eggs Benedict and order it at brunch all the time. I never, ever made it at home. To me, it was stuffy and labor intensive. Not to mention I had to poach eggs, which is the equivalent of retaking the SAT’s (they were hard for me). And whisking up a Hollandaise Sauce can be on the complicated side. Two products have made this seemingly elaborate brunch staple easy, easy, easy. Our new Egg Cooker will poach eggs to perfection while you toast the english muffins. No boiling water, adding vinegar, swirling or stirring needed. As for the sauce, our Single Serve Blender allows you to put in all the ingredients, pulse a few times and have the creamy, buttery decadence that IS Hollandaise sauce. We served it with fruit-infused sparkling water (made, of course, with our handheld SodaStation™) and roasted asparagus, which is just as easy to prepare as the Eggs Benedict. Trust me, try it at home (maybe for Mother’s Day?) and you will be amazed by the simplicity.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 English muffin, split, toasted
- 4 slices baked ham
- 6 spears asparagus, roasted
- Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce (recipe follows)
- Fresh dill
- Poach eggs to desired doneness in egg cooker.
- Place English muffins, split-side up on a plate.
- Top each muffin with 2 slices of ham, 3 spears of asparagus trimmed to fit muffins and 1 poached egg.
- Drizzle with Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce.
- Garnish with fresh dill.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Microwave butter in a microwave safe container on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Place egg yolks and lemon juice in blender jar.
- Cover and blend on pulse a few times, then blend on HIGH for 1 minute, gradually adding melted butter until mixture is thickened and smooth.
We used the Hamilton Beach Egg Cooker to perfectly poach the eggs. The Egg Cooker also prepares soft, medium or hard-boiled eggs. Along with making smoothies to go, the SingleServe Blender is perfect for mixing sauces or dressings. The Hollandaise sauce in this recipe can be drizzled over the eggs right from the jar.
Like the idea of being able to make sparkling water at home and saving money on expensive bottled drinks? Enter to win a SodaStation™ Hand-Held Carbonated Soda Maker of your own in our contest. Click the image to go to the contest page.