A few weeks ago, we took a class at a local culinary school. The focus was healthy eating, and we were able to enjoy a few snacks when we arrived. Laid out in front of us were beautiful piles of bright green kale chips and crisp orange sweet potato chips. I thought to myself I’d just have a bite of each, but that turned into a handful. Everyone was obsessed with these healthy snack replacements, so we came up with our own recipe as soon as we got back.
These oven-baked sweet potato chips can be sliced by hand, but we used the SaladXpress™ Food Processor to slice the chips directly into a large bowl. We then tossed them with olive oil and salt, and baked them until crisp. Waiting a few minutes for the chips to cool helped them become crunchy, and then it was time to dig in. Try these sweet potato chips at home as a healthy alternative to your usual bagged snacks.
- 1 small thin sweet potato, peeled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using slicing cone of SaladXpress, add sweet potato to food chute. Process until sliced.
- Toss sweet potatoes with olive oil. Arrange sweet potato slices in a single layer on cookie sheets; sprinkle with salt if desired.
- Bake 10 minutes. Turn each sweet potato slice over; bake an additional 8 to 12 minutes or until sweet potatoes are lightly browned and crisp.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon. if desired.