We’ve mentioned how much we love slow cooker gift baskets, and we had to show you again, because there are many ways to present this gift. Put the slow cooker to use immediately as a hostess gift, and bring it to the next potluck with this bread pudding already warming inside. Dessert is very easy to make in a slow cooker, but it’s often overlooked, and this Maple Glazed Pumpkin Bread Pudding is the perfect autumn dessert.
We are giving one of these wonderful gift baskets away this week. The trendy chevron-striped 3-Quart Slow Cooker is filled with great Spanish cooking ingredients, a cookbook and more. Scroll down to enter and check back on Friday to see if you’re this week’s lucky winner. Don’t forget, it’s a whole month of slow cookers and this is your last chance to win!
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 loaf (16 oz.) cinnamon raisin bread, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar
- Add pumpkin, half and half, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, nutmeg and cloves to slow cooker cookware. Stir until well blended.
- Stir in bread until bread is coated.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour 15 minutes or LOW 2 hours 30 minutes until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Maple Glaze: Stir maple syrup and confectioners sugar until smooth. Drizzle with Maple Glaze before serving.