Smoothies are everywhere these days, and it’s easy to see why: they are quick, healthy, and delicious. We made this berry-based smoothie in the test kitchen the other day and got a lot of “oohs” and “ahs” about the bright color and the refreshing taste. This recipe makes enough for up to a family of six, so it’s great for mornings when you are trying to get everyone out the door. Or, if you have extra, you can freeze the leftovers in ice cube trays and save them for another day. Go ahead and pick up some frozen berries on your next shopping trip so you’ll be ready for this Berry Berry Smoothie the next time you need a quick breakfast on a warm morning.
Test Kitchen Tip: Place liquid ingredients into the blender first. This way, the blending process will start and pull the chunks of fruit down into the blades. In the end, the drink will be smoother.
- 1 cup cranberry-raspberry juice
- 2 medium bananas, cut in large chunks
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- Place ingredients in blender jar in order listed.
- Cover and blend on your “Auto Smoothie” setting or pulse a few times, then blend on high for 30 to 45 seconds.